Need to delete IE 7 & Replace with IE6

Ex plorer 14:05 25 Nov 06

Hi I am trying to delete Windows IE 7, it’s causing problems with eBay and I want to go back to IE 6 SP1.
I went to add remove and I thought I had deleted IE7 but apparently not, so where do I go to delete IE7 as it won’t accept an older version to bee set-up in place of IE7.

Ex

anskyber 14:06 25 Nov 06

What sort of problems are you having with ebay?

rawprawn 14:11 25 Nov 06

It should uninstall through Add/Remove programs and automatically revert to IE6,Is IE7 still showing in Add/Remove?

Ex plorer 14:25 25 Nov 06

Problems are with the eBay toolbar, I use eBay dailey and as its the only place you can have there tool-bar I need IE.
Problems are IE reports that it must close due to an unexpected Error. IE said the problem is due to add-on tool-bars, (eBay).
Ebay say there tool-bar runs with IE6.0 SP1 or lower.
I cant see IE in add remove or at least I thought I had deleted it.

Legolas 14:30 25 Nov 06

If you go to add/remove programmes and tick "show updates" it should show you the IE7 install you should be able to uninstall from there.

Ex plorer 14:45 25 Nov 06

Updates are open and there is no mention of IE at all?
Just ran Winver and I have Win 5.1 yet when I try to load Win IE 6.0 SP1 It says I cant load over a newer version IE.
It seems to me I did delete IE7 and it has revertedme back to my last Version IE5.1 as rawprawn said.
Thanks for advice I will leave IE5 if it works I will leav well alone if not I will down load IE6.1SP again and try later.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now