need a decent disk imaging package

rsturbo 23:49 11 Sep 03

norton ghost 2003 causes excessive disk swapping if a ntfs disk is cloned to multiple (spanned) cdr (even tho support site says otherwise), drive image 7 has no option to boot from a floppy or cd without installing the program on hdd first (bit stupid if you are trying to backup a hdd that won't boot into windows!), these are my requirements;
ability to boot from floppy or cd without installing program in windows (as ghost can), ability to backup to cdr in dos, ability to restore complete image from floppy or cd boot, ability to restore individual files from within windows (don't mind installing program in windows for this), ability to browse ntfs image file from cdr without excessive disk swapping. really desperate please help, thanks for any ideas.
ps any ideas why ghost 2003 removes my supported drives in nti cdmaker 5 (ghost 2002 does not do this!)

hugh-265156 00:25 12 Sep 03

i use acronis true image click here it will save the image while still running in windows(no need to reboot) and can restore an image from within windows or from a boot floopy(takes about four).very easy to use too.

rsturbo 03:51 12 Sep 03

but it also as drive image cannot create an image on ntfs file system from a boot floppy/cdr....

i am wanting the option to backup a hdd with a ntfs file system/win XP pro that won't boot into windows and save the data to an image so i may reinstall win XP then use the image file to recover data from in windows, there must be some software that does this surely?????????

trying all kinds of things with ghost 2003 - it really is a waste of money

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…