Need to copy files without leaving a trace

ukhomerj2003 10:27 13 Dec 04

I am due to be dismissed on unfair grounds by my employer, and I need to copy files from my laptop to a Cd in order to poduce them at a later date at an Unfair Dismissal Hearing.

How can I remove the files, and ensure the compnay doesnt know I have done this.

Cheers

Smegs 10:41 13 Dec 04

Be very careful, as what you are trying to do is Illegal, I think.

Someone did this at my wifes place of work, and they lost due to what you are doing. You are not allowed to remove/copy any software from works PC's as it's not your's.

F.E will jump on me if I wrong.

ukhomerj2003 10:44 13 Dec 04

Even tho these files are mine, generated by myself.

They are logs of interviews and my own private records.

H

Graham ® 10:57 13 Dec 04

Copying the files to CD will not leave a trace you have done so. Deleting the files is another matter, they could be recovered later.

jack 14:13 13 Dec 04

This is technical advice, what you do is what YOU do
Using the Cut option rather than copy will transfer
a file from one location to another, leaving no discernable record in the original folder/machine.
However I do beleive as has been said so often before, there is no sure fire way to remove any data from a hardrive once written short of destroying the drive.

Magik ®© 14:17 13 Dec 04

if you have time, move the files then run a programme like "puffer" which will overwrite all free space, you can set the times it will overwrite........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced