Need to 'clean' my pc

cheechman 15:03 11 Aug 06

I need to completely wipe all files from my laptop to make it as new.

I will want to transfer (and use) my files onto another machine. I thought about backing up and formatting but will I be able to restore onto another machine.

Thanks

rawprawn 15:21 11 Aug 06

You will be able to clone your current drive and transfer it to a new machine using Acronis True Image click here and then put it back if you want.

ArrGee 17:29 11 Aug 06

First things first. Transfer your files to the new machine (as rawprawn has mentioned)

From there on, if you want to make the laptop 'as new', do you have all the restore discs that came with the laptop originally. These should also contain the required drivers. Use these disc to restore your laptop to factory settings. There should be instructions on the restore discs enabling you to delete any files for a complete restore.

cheechman 17:49 11 Aug 06

Sorry I should have mentioned ....... the computer which I want to transfer the files to is not new and already has various programs, files etc.

I don't want to clone the original onto the second I want to add to it.

Thanks

ArrGee 17:50 11 Aug 06

Can you just burn the files onto a disc and tranport them over to the other machine?

cheechman 17:50 11 Aug 06

rawprawn

Thanks for your response. I've not had chance to investigate but do you know if the trial download of Acronis True Image is a full version?

Jak_1 18:52 11 Aug 06

A simpler way would be to network yje two computers together with a crossover cable.

rawprawn 18:55 11 Aug 06

I am not sure, but I think so. However acronis is a first class backup program, and you should look at it seriously. We all need to backup regularly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…