need to clean computer

tutts 18:34 25 Apr 03

can anybody help me when i start my comp it takes so long to load , it takes lots of memory to ,is there a programe i can down load to help me clean the programs up thanks chris

meatlaff2 19:00 25 Apr 03

Hi, when it finally starts up, go to start/run. type msconfig then clic on startup tab, un tick everything except systray. clic apply, it will ask you to re-start comp. No need to download anything. What WIN version are u on?

pj123 19:04 25 Apr 03

Don't do what meatlaff2 advises yet or you will have even more problems. The startup tab needs more than just systray. Let us know what OS you are using?

tell 02:26 26 Apr 03

go here click here and d/load system mechanic, I find it invaluable it keeps my PC clean and rids me of all the junk that gathers.

hugh-265156 02:47 26 Apr 03

uninstall any uneeded programs do a disk clean up defragment and run a disk check.then post back if still sluggish.a lot of so called speed up or clean out tools only add to the problems believe me ive tried them all and paid the price.not worth it.

powerless 02:54 26 Apr 03

How old is the computer?

Which operating system are you using?

How much memory?

How big is the hard drive and how much free space is there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…