Need to change IP address

c4rm0 20:04 18 Jan 11

Hi i need to change my External IP address which is giving to me by my ISP in this case virgin media. This is because i have been IP banned from some of my Fav game servers / IRC channels. As far i am aware i have a dynamic ip but since day one of me being with virgin my external IP hasnt changed i beleive its because of the long lease times so Virgins dynamic IPS are basically static ips

I could go down the root of changing my IP address using proxy servers ect but i would rather change it using another method

I have left my router off overnight but it still didnt release my external ip

any ideas ?

VoG II 20:07 18 Jan 11

Turn off PC.

Turn off Router.

Turn off Cable modem.

Power up cable modem. Wait till it boots up (lights stable)

Same with router.

Restart PC. You should now have a new IP address.

This will do no good if you have been banned 'by domain'.

GaT7 20:07 18 Jan 11

Why have you been IP banned from some of your Fav game servers / IRC channels?

Did you contact the people concerned to revoke the ban or take your IP off their banned lists?

Because what you're asking here for help is illegal by the looks of it. G

c4rm0 20:25 18 Jan 11

Will try that now VOG not sure it will work though due to Virgin media having long Lease times mosts ISP's it would work

Nothing illegal crossbow i just want to change my IP address which is given to me by ISP. Its dynamic so should change anyways

My brother played some online games with my account and was cheating so got me banned the servers he got banned from they banned via IP address so when i try to connect it wont let me. If i change my IP i wont have this problem

c4rm0 20:44 18 Jan 11

ok after further reading it seems like the only way to change the IP is to leave the Router /Cable modem turned off till the lease expires sometimes 7 days or change the MAC address of my router

Great .. Looks like i will have to phone bob in some call centre in Delhi

c4rm0 21:38 18 Jan 11

All sorted had to clone my PC's MAC address to my router Virgin assign IP's via DHCP to the devices MAC address so only way to change my IP would of been to leave the router off till the lease expired or do it this way

cheers for the help anyways

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now