Need to bypass windows password

wobblymike 19:03 28 Feb 06

A friend has left me his PC to have a look at but has neglected to give me his password and I am unable to contact him as he is on the high seas. I am reluctant to reformat and so decided to load in safe mode, select administrator account and reset - as soon as I select administrator the machine reboots. Is there any way I can bypass Windows password for a conventional log in?

recap 19:09 28 Feb 06

If the OS is XP click here

ed-0 19:23 28 Feb 06

When you are in safe mode. Set up a new account with yourself as an administrator with a password.

Reboot and your name should come on in the log on screen. Put in your password and you are in the desktop.;-)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:37 28 Feb 06

Windows2k/XP
Try this:

1- boot to the windows xp/2000 CD ,

2- press enter to start setup ,

3- press F8 for the license agreement ,

4- when you get the option to repair the current installation press R to do so ,

5- let it run through and for windows XP wait until it reboots and is installing, devices then

press shift F10 to open a command prompt. For windows 2000 wait until it is registering

components then press shift F10 to open a command prompt. ,

6- In windows XP either type in "nusrmgr.cpl" w/o quotation marks at the command prompt and press enter. For windows 2000 type in "control.exe" w/o quotation marks and press enter. This should open up the user accounts applet in XP and the regular control panel in 2000. ,

7- select the users and change or remove their passwords accordingly, apply settings and close the control panel windows and command prompt windows so that just setup is running again. ,

8- let the inplace upgrade finish.

The user should now be able to log in when it finishes and not have to reinstall the programs like in a parallel install.

Methedrine 20:28 28 Feb 06

wobblymike 20:54 28 Feb 06

Fruit Bat /\0/thank you that's cracked it

etlcnes 20:12 30 Apr 06

Any idea how to do this if you do not have the Win 2000 CD?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:35 30 Apr 06

NT password cracker
click here

etlcnes 23:23 30 Apr 06

Appreciate it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac