Need a BIOS update

woodchip 16:16 05 Dec 07

This is for a old Laptop,

Toshiba Satellite 4100 XCDT.

The reson being the the old 6.4Gb Drive is shot. But I do have an Hitachi 20Gb drive, I partitioned and formated the drive in another Computer.

But Bios cannot see the Drive

I have been lost in the Google jungle and Toshiba site on what model this is. On the bottom of Comp, other than above, it says Model No PAS410E-A

Totally-braindead 16:24 05 Dec 07

I had a look here woodchip click here and I could even find that laptop mentioned.
Did find this click here and it mentions pre 2001 products but I click on the link and it fails.
Sorry I can't help.

woodchip 16:26 05 Dec 07

Yes its a old Laptop that have been given a P11 about 466mhz cpu I think

Totally-braindead 16:31 05 Dec 07

Just found the retail price for when it came out. £2195 believe it or not. How times have changed!

Did find this if its any help click here so the driver does exist its just I can't find it. Yet.

woodchip 16:32 05 Dec 07

Yes it’s a old Laptop that have been given a P11 about 466mhz cpu I think.

Yes I had already checked there site, also Archive for old drivers But no mention of it. I may have to try to get a old Drive from Computer fair. Shame as this 20 Gb drive works Perfect, I found it on the local Dumpit site floor. There was all His stuff on the Drive even a Photo of where he lived. I cleared it all after just having a gander and the files. Nothing worth anything, no top Secret Files

Totally-braindead 17:06 05 Dec 07

Not sure what would happen here but could you not partition it into say four 5 gig drives or would that still not work?

paul€ 17:28 05 Dec 07

Use the hard drives manufacturers tools to fool the bios to see the hard drive.

What make is the hard drive and does the laptop come with either a floppy or cdrom?

paul€ 17:36 05 Dec 07

Bios update for a 4100 click here thats a direct link.

from archive click here

paul€ 17:44 05 Dec 07

The update just refers to graphics drivers click here, nothing about increasing the size seen of larger hard drives.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:42 05 Dec 07

Your gong to have to use "Drive Overlay Software" to fool the BIOS into accepting the drive.

Have a google for something called EZ Drive download to and copy to a formatted (by Win98 or prev) floppy.

Boot the laptop from the EZ Drive floppy and it will install to the HDD.
The BIOS should then see the drive as a smaller drive.
Windows should see it OK.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:44 05 Dec 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017