need best spy ware remover my comp is over run

joone 06:33 14 Feb 05

my x boyfriend now lives abroad we still instant message/i felt hed been accessing my computer . didnt realise how bad the situatuion was untill i tried a few ov these free scans .my computer has almost cum to a halt n the mouse is constantly clickin away n going wild while im on the line. theirs a lot of deleated files that i havnt touched n i cant access some programs
i would deeply appreciate the advice thankyou

AndySD 07:27 14 Feb 05

Start with AdAware click here remember to update it befor running the scan. Also try a free virus scan click here or look on this months PC Advisor magazine for a free trial of a eScan Internet Security Suite.

JoeC 08:25 14 Feb 05

Download Spybot S&D from

click here

Download SpywareBlaster and Spyware Guard from

click here

Update and run.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:47 14 Feb 05

This one is excellent.......click here

You will also need to download and run Ccleaner from click here (free as well)

G

Daibus 10:41 14 Feb 05

GANDALF <|:-)>

Have just downloaded and installed the Microsoft Spyware tool and it does indeed, seem to be very good. It is easy to set up and after doing a deep scan it found one threat, that I didn't know I had.

Many thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:44 14 Feb 05

It also uses real-time protection so should help stop spyware getting installed.

G

curlylad 10:53 14 Feb 05

Some other free programs to try which will almost certainly find some nasties lurking in the dark recesses of your PC.

CWShredder click here

a² Free click here

Stinger click here

And finally a similar program to CCleaner but you may like to try this one as well

Cleanup! click here

This last one deletes all manner of rubbish in your browsers history , however if you wish to know how to do this manually then post back and I will give you details.

Belatucadrus 11:07 14 Feb 05

Another useful tool is click here the Micro World Anti Virus toolkit, also scans for:- illegal dialers, illegal sniffers or tools like spywares, adware, keylogger etc

The Belarussian Mafia 11:09 14 Feb 05

Give up on Internet Explorer. Download Mozilla Firefox and surf without pop-ups / spyware being an issue. I've been using this for about two months, and it works like a dream.

curlylad 11:21 14 Feb 05

What operating system are you using please ?

joone 12:51 14 Feb 05

TO ALL USERS ,WHO HAVE POSTED ADVICE ON SPYWARE PROGRAMMES I HAVE BEEN INUNDATED WITH SO MANY HELP SOLUTIONS.

AS A FIRST TIME USER HERE IVE BEEN REALLY SURPRISED WITH HOW HELPFUL AND PROMT YOUR REPLIES HAVE BEEN

WITHOUT A DOUBT MY EX WILL BE ,TO SAY THE LEAST "VERY PERPLEXED" THE NEXT TIME HE TRIES TO ACCESS MY COMPUTER

MANY MANY THANKS TO U ALL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…