Need an Android tablet with charge port seperate to USB port

windaps 15:02 30 Mar 15

Is there an android tablet out there for less than £150 that can be charged while the USB port is being used to collect data? Must have full developer options. Simon

SparkyJack 16:40 30 Mar 15

Most 'generic tablets have separate charge ports .

Only iPad has combined port I think.

As for price take a look at www.Morgan computers.co.uk

Jollyjohn 12:40 31 Mar 15

My Nexus 7 only has a single usb port.

I am thinking the route to go might be a powered usb hub, that is one with a separate power supply, connected via usual usb lead. This should provide power to the tablet and allow data collection at the same time.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:31 31 Mar 15

If the tablet USB is plugged in to a PC will be charging anyway.

wee eddie 17:11 31 Mar 15

FB: has it. If you plug it into your PC it will charge as you browse it's content or download from it.

SparkyJack 12:12 04 Apr 15

I have owned the tablets so far each has had a separate charge port together with micro USB, HDMI audio out The current one is a'Fusion'purchased from Amazon

caccy 13:55 04 Apr 15

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.7 only have one port.

TuxFan 14:19 21 Aug 15

JollyJohn, as soon as you plug that OTG cable in it wont let you charge. The OTG cable has a shorted sens pin which tells the device it's running as a USB master and not a slave (as when plugged into a PC) meaning it can't be charged. There are ways around this on some tablets and phones (but not of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5" where you have to take off the back and hardwire a power source in).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017