Need advice on an upgrade

Taco 12:47 20 Apr 06

hi. i recently turned 18 and i was thinking of rewarding myself by upgrading my computer. being an avid game fan, i'd like to be able to play the more recent games at a fairly high level of quality, meaning that the games won't chug along.

so i'd like some advice on what i should buy to make my rig better. here are the specs taken from dxdiag.

Athlon XP 2600+ ~2.1ghz
1024mb RAM (not sure of what type)
Radeon x800 256mb Pro

there are the core parts, and i can supply any other pieces if a responder would like.

garrema 13:08 20 Apr 06

Leave your ram.
You don't say what your mobo is;

That mobo & cpu is probably your weakest link. If no budget for a Mobo & CPU then check what the number of pins are on your processor (socket 472?) and see if you can get an XP3000 or XP3200. Everything should be reasonably balanced for the GFX

Taco 22:52 24 Apr 06

click here

that's the motherboard, a little outdated. ty for the advice so far. i'll be checking neweggg for a new processor like you mentioned. hope the motherboard info helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…