Need advice on fax software

chrissy7 12:11 11 Feb 04

Can anyone reccomend software to enable me to use my scanner,printer and pc as a Fax m/c..Want something simple, no 'bells n whistles'..Prefer to download if poss, dont mind paying small amount for the right s/ware....What happens if a fax is sent to my number and the pc is nt turned on ?...This is an uncharted area and would welcome as much info as possible with regards to all aspects of fax /pc concept.

DieSse 12:16 11 Feb 04

If you're on XP, then it already contains a very competent Fax program.

Belatucadrus 12:16 11 Feb 04

Fax :- Cheyenne bitware click here CallCentre click here

DieSse 12:19 11 Feb 04

If a fax is sent to your computer and it is not turned on and/or not running the fax reception program - then it can't receive a fax (just like a fax machine!).

If you want a good way to receive faxes without needing your system on, then you can get free fax reception from efax click here They allocate you a number - someone sends it a fax - they trun it into an email and send it to you - free. you can also use the service for sending faxes, but there is a charge for this.

chrissy7 12:32 11 Feb 04

DieSse...Very informative..Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…