Need advice for best laptop

joanleec_14 09:48 26 Feb 05

I'm planning to buy a laptop for university next year but not actually sure what laptop best suits me. Budget: £1200 maxx.

I need:
- a really fast processor, probably 2.0GHz or higher
- mobile technology
- LIGHTWEIGHT
- CDRW/DVD-RW and preferably a floppy disk drive
- at least 60GBDisk Drive
- at least 256Mb Memory

Those specs are the really important ones for me and additional features will just be a bonus. I also need the laptop to be compatible with the internet connection within the university.

Jsimbaz 09:52 26 Feb 05

Hey, I've been looking for a laptop for sometime now, I have a smaller budget though. click here search for seller 'hp_marketplace_uk' and there are some great bargins. All laptops/PDAs/PCs come with a one year warranty. You can feel safe because you are dealing direct with HP/Compaq. Most laptops are re-manufactured but read the feedback, and it sound good.

josh.

Gongoozler 12:29 26 Feb 05

Jsimbaz, I think you meant to say Most laptops are re-branded. There are very few manufacturers of laptop components, and a large proportion are at the most assembled by the company whose label is attached. There are many very good manufacturers including HP/Compaq and Dell. Mesh and Evesham are highly regarded in this country. A good place to start is with the reviews by this magazine, click here and click here..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos