Need 98 se Upgrade disk,can i still get one?

Kitz E Kat 21:17 17 Aug 03

Hi, i have a computer im upgrading for a friend its running 95, she has a lot of programs on it but no disks, and i need to retain them if possible, i have a 98se disk but its a full version and will not do an upgrade, i did a google but found that anywhere that sells it is out of stock or do not carry it.

Any ideas as to where i might get a disk and will it retain the programs on the computer as is?

Thanks
Kitz E

AubreyS 21:31 17 Aug 03
  Ironman556 21:33 17 Aug 03

They often have old software which they sell of cheaply.

Kitz E Kat 22:02 17 Aug 03

I checked them out however they only post within the UK and not to Dublin, D'oh......

The computer fairs is a good idea and i do keep an eye out , but i kinda need a disk fairly soon, the main problem i have is that Norton will not run on 95, the modem i have for it will not work on 95, the USB device will not run on 95... you get the picture, id like to get 98 on it for her as soon as i can....and preserve the software that's on it ...

Thanks
Kitz

AubreyS 22:06 17 Aug 03

Email the people selling on ebay, they may just send to you in Dublin. Its worth a try. Or if you have friends in the UK, maybay they could bid for you.

Newuser38 22:10 17 Aug 03
  krypt1c 22:18 17 Aug 03

From my dim & distant memories of W95 I don't think you can do an upgrade to any of the W98 versions. You have to do a full install. However, if you do a full install you shouldn't lose any of your installed software. However, some of it may not be compatible with W98. You can get an installation disk for £69 from click here

Kitz E Kat 22:36 17 Aug 03

Kryptic1c... now your talkin my kinda language, if i do a full install, ie, boot of the 98 cd and install 98 without doin a format you think,i should be OK , that i will not loose any previously installed programs?

Ok they might not be compatible with 98, but they still will be there?

AubreyS thanks i do have relations in the UK, there aint no Paddy Kat without relations in the UK!!!!!But if i can avoid a long conversation about 'how everybody is'...id be a happy Kat!You know what i mean..Oh and i forgot to send them a Xmass card...D'oh!!
Also hopin to avoid paying £119, to help a friend out...

Thanks all
Kitz

Newuser38 20:35 18 Sep 03

Green tick time???

Kitz E Kat 20:39 18 Sep 03

i forgot, to busy thinking up genius ideas
Thanks Newuser38

Bold Kat

Kitz ;-(

Newuser38 20:50 18 Sep 03

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…