NEC 2500 DVD Changing format?

Skeletor 16:13 24 May 04

Hi all,

I've just installed a new DVD burner (NEC ND-2500). On rebooting everything seemed fine...'New Hardware Found', and in 'My Computer' it shows 'DVD-RW Drive(F:)'. The problem is that when I insert the supplied DVD+RW disc it suddenly changes to 'CD Drive(F:)'If I try to save anthing to DVD it says 'CD Full' when in fact it is a DVD and it's come straight out of its wrapper, and when I eject the disc it changes back again. You may have noticed that in 'My computer' it says 'DVD-RW Drive' but the disc supplied is DVD+RW. I think this might be the problem. I know the NEC ND-2500 is a dual format machine, but I can't fathom how to change the format, if indeed that is necessary.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Win XP Home

bremner 16:21 24 May 04

You are quite right it is dual format anf should burn -RW and +RW so that is not the problem.

Did the machine come with supplied drivers or did you just let Windows install its generic driver.

If so it may be worth updating to the supplied driver.

Skeletor 16:34 24 May 04

Thanks bremner,

I did just let XP do the work (as reccomended). I've explored the Software that came with the burner but can't find a driver any where.

Thanks again

Skeletor 16:35 24 May 04

reccomended ???

Smiler 17:21 24 May 04

You can't just save things to a dvd or cd without some form of software. To save to a cd or dvd in the same way you save to a floppy you need to use something like InCD which formats the rewritable cd dvd so that it can be treated as a big floppy. To write to a write once cd or dvd disc you need a program such as nero burning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…