NDLDR is missing and ca't boot up, why?

tomnewton 13:01 03 Oct 03

Yesterday I posted a question as when I turned on my computer and logged onto windows my monitor would switch off then and the standby light turn orange, and I could not switch it back on again. It was suggested to try to start up in safe mode as it could be a problem with my graphics card. I tried this but it froze at the bit where it says windows is starting up before the windows screen actually comes on. Then it went horribly wrong. I tried to put in my recovery disk with the idea if reintalling an old registry. I restarted and it didn't get very far giving me the message that "NTLDR is missing." This is cleary not a monitor problem. Should I chuck the whole thing in the bin?

Wes Tam ;-) 13:32 03 Oct 03

tomnewton there is a MS support item here: support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;255220(copy this to your address bar)

JIM 13:33 03 Oct 03

NDLDR is missing has a lot of different replies depending on your setup and WinOS.

EG,form search.

click here

click here=

We may require more info on your setup of your system plus any Alterations you may have carried out if any.

JIM 13:39 03 Oct 03

Sorry one link missing. type in NTLDR is missing into google link.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…