NC10 Netbook and Wi-Fi disconnect

NC10 User 10:55 19 Apr 09

I have a Samsung NC10 Netbook running Windows XP which connects by Wi-Fi trouble-free to my Orange livebox router. The problem comes when the netbook goes into 'standby' mode, for example, when I close the screen. After a few minutes the Wi-Fi connection drops out and nothing short of re-booting the netbook will induce it to reconnect to the Livebox or anything else. I've tried the 'Repair' option in the dop-down menu. In fact, none of the drop-down menu options - including 'show available networks' functions once the Wi-Fi has crashed. I've also gone into Device Manager and altered the power-save setting for the Wi-Fi device from normal to off but none of these have solved the problem.

Anyone had a similar problem or knows a solution?

Thanks for reading

davey emcee 17:51 19 Apr 09

Hi, My nc10 wifi connection "closes down" when computer goes into standby. On waking from standby though it starts searching for signals. Is you connection icon not indicating a search?

davey emcee 17:53 19 Apr 09

Sorry that should read "Is your connection icon not indicating a search?

NC10 User 21:07 20 Apr 09

davey

No, the Wi-Fi icon just shows a red cross and doesn't respond to any of the drop down menu commands. Re-boot is the only solution at the moment.

davey emcee 21:45 20 Apr 09

Does the blue wifi led (3rd from right) come on when you wake up nc10. Sometimes mine won't re-connect if I'm in a bad position relative to router (even though it was ok before going into standby). Try putting nc10 close to router just eliminate that.

NC10 User 18:14 21 Apr 09

davey

Yes, the Wi-Fi does come on when the NC10 wakes up but it has a red cross alongside it. When it's working I get a 'excellent' signal stregth throughout the house so I don't think signal strength is the problem.

davey emcee 23:59 21 Apr 09

Have look here, you might have more luck:-
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…