NAVsetup.exe Norton ?? Can I delete ?

mooly 18:00 01 Jan 09

Been looking through the various folders in windows -- after removing old FSecure and re installing new version.
In c:\ sysinfo there is a large ( 40mb ) file called NAVsetup.exe which seems to be a Norton product. I did have a trial version of Norton supplied with PC but never used it and thought it had all been uninstalled. Is it safe to just delete this. There is also SETNORTO.CMD, NORTON.CMD, NAVSETUP.cfg and a few others. The "date modified" showing on all these pre-date the PC by in some cases 4 years !!

Sea Urchin 18:05 01 Jan 09

You could use the Norton Removal Tool to clean up

click here

brundle 18:10 01 Jan 09

It's the original Norton installer, just delete the folder

mooly 18:31 01 Jan 09

Thanks, think I will delete manually as I am not sure what version of Norton it would have been, and which the uninstall tool seems to need to know.
The other items in the sysinfo folder are only 1-2 kb in size and without being 100% sure what they are I won't touch them.

brundle 18:35 01 Jan 09

The removal tool gets rid of already-installed versions of Norton, its not designed to track down the installers and remove those too.

mooly 18:48 01 Jan 09

Will give deleting manually a go tommorrow. Like to back up first just in case. I have heard Norton stuff can be a problem to fully remove, although in fairness I don't suppose it's causing a problem.

brundle 18:53 01 Jan 09

Not a problem to remove if it's not installed in the first place, as I said, the file you found is the installer itself.

mooly 18:59 01 Jan 09

Thanks. It's the others I am not 100% sure of.
The Sysinfo folder has the following,
MSWORKS -- presumably needed even though empty.
NAV ?? That to is an empty folder.
Then there are InsertCD.exe InstallN.cmd NAU10BIT.cfg NAVSETUP.cfg The large NAVsetup.exe file. NORTON.CMD os.ini SETNORTO.CMD and finally SWA677USBIT.cfg

mooly 08:44 02 Jan 09

Manually deleted the file -- all seems OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…