Navigation Menu not displaying correctly

cornwall 20:40 PM 06 Aug 13

Hi

I have been using the sample website that comes with Visual Web Developer 2010 Express, and when in Test mode the Navigation Menu displays as I want it to - as a series of separate, highlighted, tabs. However, when I publish to live, the Menu just displays as a horizontal, unseparated, list.

I am extremely new to this (aspx; css etc), never having used style sheets before, so any 'simply explained' suggestions greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Forum Editor 08:54 AM 11 Aug 13

Please post a url so we can take a look at the problem.

cornwall 20:43 PM 11 Aug 13

URL is

click here menu items should appear as seperate 'tabs'

Thanks for your help

The

LastChip 02:16 AM 12 Aug 13

I've no idea what you've done, but your style sheet indicates an unordered list to create your menu (a common method), but your page code shows a table - hence other than some minor local styling, nothing matches up.

I recreated your code and substituted an unordered list in place of a table and although it's not what you describe, is beginning to work.

I got a yellow background with a (darkish?) blue/grey background for the tab, that changes to a lighter grey on hover.

However, the tabs span 100% of the page, so that's clearly not the only issue with your code. But if you add:

position: relative;

float: left;

to your

div.menu ul li a

css, and get rid of the table and substitute an unordered list, it all begins to work.

elsalvador 17:02 PM 12 Aug 13

wow what an act of web-design kindness! Impressed!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…