NavHelper -Adware

cosh 21:10 02 Mar 05

I have just updated to NIS 2005 and it has found 4 ADWARE THREATS.
Two are listed as NHelper.dll and the others NHUninstaller.exe and NHUpdater.exe
NIS says they are all within C:\NavEcel
C:\program Files\NavEcel\NavHeper\v2.0.4c\NavHelper.dll
C:\program Files\NavEcel\NavHeper\v2.0.4c\v2.0.4c.b.cab contains compressed files NHUpdater.exe NHuninstaller.exe and NHelper.dll.

NIS says it tried but could not delete these files, although it deleted several files of a similar name and also in NavEcel.

Is NavEcel\NavHelper itself malware and should I remove it manually? NavHElper appears in ADD/REMOVE programs in my CONTROL PANEL so I probably could remove it.
Gratefull for any enlightenment Cosh

VoG II 21:12 02 Mar 05

Yes you can click here

cosh 23:36 02 Mar 05

Thanks VOG for the info. I tried to remove it via ADD/REMOVE only to be given a response along the lines of " the program has already been removed - do you want to remove the item from this list?"
Do you reckon it is wise to delete the NavEcel folder etc from my Programs File in C:\ or might I then be stuck with registry calls failing to find files ?

Anybody got any experience of deleting NavExcel in this situation?

Thanks Cosh

curlylad 01:18 03 Mar 05

NavHelper removal tool click here

curlylad 01:25 03 Mar 05

Sorry matey forgot to put this link on for removal of NHelper.dll , NHUninstaller.exe and NHUpdater.exe this link removes all 3 of the above click here Have a nice day !

cosh 13:35 04 Mar 05

Hi Curlylad,
I tried your link to the ENIGMA site and downloaded and installed spyhunterS.exe. This program found the threats but it was not the full version. It said I needed to UPDATE to the full version, for which I would pay, to be able to remove these threats. I tried to UPDATE but it said it could not access the internet?!!.

I then tried SPYBOT-- this identified the threats and also identified the installed Spyhunter components as a threat and so so I let it deal with them. It did not identify or remove the downloaded spyhunter.exe file which I had downloaded and saved.

Spybot now does not identify any threats but Norton Anti Virus still identifies NHelper.dll,NHuninstaller.exe and NHupdater.exe all as Adware threats and compressed files within C:|Program FIles\NavExcel\NavHelper\v2.0.4c\v2.0.4c.b.cab and is unable to delete them.

My current questions are:-
Is NavExcel really a useful program?
If it isn't is it worth trying to use NHuninstaller,exe or is that likely to be a source of trouble?
Is spyhunterS a malware program or did it just become contaminated with NavExcel?

Any advice very welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced