nav will not delete at risk files

only me 10:38 02 Jun 04

can any body help me, i have XP home, and nav 2004, it has found 7 at risk files but when i tell it to delete them it comes up!, nav deleted 0. What am i doing wrong?

anon1 10:46 02 Jun 04

Well before you go about deleting these "at risk" files have you checked what they actually are? If they are connected to something that is running then you will have to stop the process before you can delete them anyway. They could be innocent files you really should find what they are maybe if you post here the details we can offer advice.

only me 11:23 02 Jun 04

FILE NAME threat name

99935002[1] dialer one on one
hbinst.exe adware.hotbar
1st active.dll adware1stbar
Ud3rTOn2.dll adwarebinet [2 off this]
updaterInstall112.... adware.keenval
WetMe!.exe Dailer.One On One

anon1 10:40 03 Jun 04

those are spyware files if you do not have it already get spybot click here free and also adaware click here also free. these should rid you of the problem

only me 12:28 04 Jun 04

thanks anon, have downloaded those, will check Saturday and see if they are gone. Or do i have to ask programs to get rid of them first,DON

thanks anon, have downloaded those, will check Saturday and see if they are gone. Or do i have to ask programs to get rid of them first,DON

only me 12:29 04 Jun 04

only me 12:32 04 Jun 04

sorry about that but response button didn't seem to work

only me 11:58 06 Jun 04

thanks they are all quarantined but don't come up in virus scan.Don

anon1 13:04 06 Jun 04

Ok once they are quarentined you should be able to delete them from there but if you press and hold shift as you choose delete then that will bypass the recycle bin and permanently delete them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…