//some 3rd party need geo

NAV updates available

lucky1 19:18 07 Jan 04

There are two updates available via NAV LiveUpdate Express. One is for virus definitions (112.8KB) the other, entitled LiveReg, whatever that may be, is of 3726.8KB and takes an age to download with dial up.

Regards

esbe 23:20 07 Jan 04

Hi,just downloaded the updates, and found that they had disabled the Automatic Live Update feature, so might be worth checking yours.
(Win.Me. NAV2003)
cheers.

Crookie 15:08 08 Jan 04

I have just downloaded the updates and renewed my subscription to NAV 2002
This has resulted in the reinstallation of the bug which causes NAV to try to acces the internet on computer boot.
This is a known bug and there is a fix which is unoffiial (to NAV) but was advised in an article in a computer mag.
Symantec now does not support NAV 2002 and cannot help.
Anybody remeber the patch/fix atall???

Cheers

Crookie

alcudia 15:15 08 Jan 04

Downloaded them here yesterday NAV2004 Prof. XP Pro.
No problems.

I shall have to get them at home though, and I'm stuck on dialup there. Perhaps overnight???

Anyone know what LiveReg does.

Mysticnas 15:57 08 Jan 04

it keeps a track of what symantec software you have on your pc. you can't download any updates without registering.

alcudia 16:00 08 Jan 04

Thank you. Seems then if you don't accept the LiveReg update it will kill any others.

Mysticnas 16:06 08 Jan 04

assume so...

try it.

alcudia 16:09 08 Jan 04

I think I'll just start the download and go down the pub. Seems a good excuse.

wawadave 16:16 08 Jan 04

aye thx!!!!!!!!

Stuartli 16:40 08 Jan 04

You have seemingly not been updating on a regular basis in view of 3.7MB plus downloads.

NAV carries updates almost on a daily basis - if you don't update regularly then they accummulate....

Mike574 16:51 08 Jan 04

I have automatic update on and I manually update everyday. The virus definitions was only 100 odd k which was done automatically but the Live Reg is a one off that only became available today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…