NAV & scheduled tasks.

ribo 23:18 31 Oct 03

Hello, Can anyone shed any light on this problem. I have NAV 2003 and it has been ok with the two scheduled tasks (Scan comp.and net detect) running as requested. I have now found that they will not run because it says "no Account information existed for the task and/or unknown user name or bad password."
I have not done anything that I feel would cause this problem.I have not changed anything. Ithas been working for months now.
I run XP Home, I do not and never have had a password or an account.When the comp. starts ,it just does so by showing the blue welcome screen.
Hope I have described my problem and do hope that some kind soul out there can help. Thanks. Off to bed now,will check for any replys tomorrow. J

Giggle n' Bits 00:38 01 Nov 03

is this a install from your own genuine CD. I would use the wizard from the link within the NAV software and go to the Syamantec tech support DB to see if this problem is covered there.

Also, Is your NAV Registered with Symantec and Live update fully updated. ?

have you got a password set for your account because there is a known issue with xp,task scheduler

Scheduled Tasks Cannot Run with a Blank Password (Q310715).

click here;%5BLN%5D;310715

ribo 11:06 01 Nov 03

Thanks for your help. Yes it is my CD, bought and paid for and registered. Subscription up to date until May 2004. It has been running perfectly since May this year and that is my problem,Why has it just stopped? No [email protected] do not have a password set for my account.I have never had a password,so again why has it just stopped working. I suppose it will remain a mystery. I forgot to mention that I unistalled and then reinstalled NAV. Same result.Thanks for your help. J

ribo 14:01 02 Nov 03

Not really resolved,but there you go. J

do you even try my suggestion

so again why has it just stopped working?

thats computers for ya!

ribo 16:48 02 Nov 03

No [email protected],I did not try your suggestion.As I said in my original question,I do not have a password for my account,but I do not really want one. Found out from your link that I would need a password if I made a scheduled task,but these tasks are instigated by Norton and for 6 months they worked without a password. I wanted,if I could, to get back to what it was before without having to log on etc. I do appreciate your help and I do thank you.
By the Way,How do I make the font Bold when writing these messages. J

ribo 09:29 03 Nov 03

for that. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…