NAV - saving updates

cagey 12:02 26 Oct 03

I am considering formatting my HDD to get rid of all the junk that has accumulated. Is there any way that i can save all the updates I have downloaded from Norton. I am running NAV 2002 and XP o/s.

cagey 12:45 26 Oct 03

cagey 16:57 26 Oct 03

Anyone help me with this one please.

powerless 17:00 26 Oct 03

click here

NAV updates are not that big.

Qmar 18:08 26 Oct 03

Create a Data Partition (e.g. with PartionMagic).Run the NAV LiveUpdate and then run Rescu Disk ; - choose the data partion for the Basic rescue it. Then you can burn this to Your CD-R... if you run Rescue from the The Norton Rescu Floppy ( or CD )- you will need to direct the program to the CD drive.
If what I'm saying is unclear please ask me to re-phrase.

see - click here

this describes how to backup to NAV definitions.

To backup the 'updated program' :.. you could try archiving the program using the Norton Utilities... and buring this to your CD-R. you could then run your original purchased NortonUtilities to restore this update.
is this waht you meant?

madPentium 18:10 26 Oct 03

no no, there is a far easier way.

Go to program files\commonfiles
and backup the folder symantec shared to a cdr

When you have reinstalled windows, copy this whole folder back BEFORE you install norton.
There is only one drawback, it will remember your
subscription date :(
BUT, all updates will be reflected.

Stuartli 19:22 26 Oct 03

Or just download the virus definitions from the Norton website to a (temporary) folder on the desktop and burn them to a CD-R in multisession form, then you can add further updates as required.

As pointed out, NortonAV definitions block downloads rarely total more than around 2,000 to 2,500kbs depending on which ones you require.

Stuartli 19:23 26 Oct 03

You can get them here:

click here

powerless 19:24 26 Oct 03

cagey 19:22 27 Oct 03

Mission acclomplished, thanks for your help once again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…