NAV Professional - renewing on 2nd PC

B1ggles 21:19 31 Jan 04

NAV Pro comes with two licences. I've renewed on my desktop but on the laptop I still keep getting the renewal reminders. As I renewed online, I don't have any 'subscription key', just an account number which can't be entered in NAV, and Symantec seem impossible to contact.

Any ideas?

cycoze 22:00 31 Jan 04

do you have your ORIGINAL customer ID !
You can try sending Symantec an email click here and click on "Subscription Question" this will bring up a support form .

B1ggles 09:17 01 Feb 04

Like I say, Symantec don't respond.

Someone must know how this is supposed to work?

B1ggles 17:08 02 Feb 04

Well, finally got through to a Symantec person on the phone, though I had to ring Ireland to do it.

The answer was quite simple, though unwelcome.

Although when you upgrade to NAV Professional you get two licences for one payment, in subsequent years you have to pay for each licence separately! How crazy is that?

That's certainly something they don't tell you on their website.

I'll have a look at the competition before paying the second subscription, Although I've always stood up for NAV in the past, I have the nasty feeling I've been stitched up here.

B1ggles 19:38 02 Feb 04

Well, well.

Only an hour or so after my telephone call, I got an email from Symantec.

Whether this was in response to my 21 Jan message or my 2 Feb message, I'll probably never know.

This told me the exact reverse of what I had been told over the phone, ie that my laptop's copy of NAV *could* be renewed free of charge, and gave me the subscription key with which to do it.

How I was supposed to have known that key, I have no idea; all I know is that I am now renewed for another 12/12. Hope I don't have to go all through this next January!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…