NAV Liveupdate Problem

SDJ 12:06 21 Feb 03

All of a sudden my virus definitions reverted back to the date the software was originally installed!
So I ran Liveupdate and each time the definitions download I am told that during installation an error occured and the installation failed.

I checked the Symantec website and uninstalled Liveupdate, removed a dll file and reinstalled Liveupdate.

Problem is I still get same error.

Reinstall NAV?
Help would be very appreciated.

JoeC 12:13 21 Feb 03

Norton products sometimes get corrupted for no apparent reason. I have found that uninstalling then reinstalling is the answer to a lot of problems.When you uninstall, remove the NAV programme folder on your C drive as well. : }

Andsome 12:19 21 Feb 03

Definitely reinstall

SDJ 12:31 21 Feb 03

Ill do just that, cheers both of you for confirming my thoughts.

« Ravin » 13:28 21 Feb 03

make sure you uninstall live update too! i think that it's a seperate entry under add/remove progs.

golfer boy 13:34 21 Feb 03

There is a new version of Live Update on the Symantec Web site which remedied a similar problem I had a while back. I was running version 5 though so it was a little outdated.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…