NAV liveupdate

misters 14:07 11 Jan 03
  misters 14:07 11 Jan 03

Hi i was wondering if this happens to anyone else. When I try and access a live update from symantec it tells me no connection can be established even though i'm on the internet at the time. Is there maybe something else i could try?
cheers

SDJ 14:09 11 Jan 03

mines working, just tried it.
What version of liveupdate are you using, when did it stop working?
Have you installed any additional norton products recently.

misters 17:39 11 Jan 03

I'm affraid I use an old version of NAV it came bundled with my pc that runs win 98, i bought about 3 years ago. I have never upgraded or anything like that, it stops working when its retreiving data, just say "not connection".

hoverman 17:58 11 Jan 03

Could be your version of NAV is no longer supported or that the first year free definitions period has run out.

misters 18:04 11 Jan 03

How would I know if my version is no longer supported. Also i know this might sound a bit silly to people on tis forum, but how do i check my version, dont think the first free year thing applies since it came with the pc and its still on my startup disc.

Stuartli 18:32 11 Jan 03

Go to Help and click on About Norton - this should bring up the version you currently have.

If you are prepared to reinstall it, the website may re-register you.

But it could mean a lot of downloads to update virus definitions....

If you are with Pipex, Norton AV is free (used to be three years of updates) but it's a 36MB download.

Key in Norton AV into Pipex's Search engine as it's very difficult to find the download page otherwise for some strange reason.

hoverman 18:32 11 Jan 03

You only get one year of free definitions with any version of NAV. After that you have to to pay for further updates. If you have never paid for further updates this would explain why you cannot retrieve them. Your version number should show by clicking on Help after launching NAV and selecting About Norton Antivirus - or similar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…