NAV BUTTONS MOVING

hooligan 12:34 03 Jul 04

On the home page they are to the left and when i click the on the 3 rd down they move, i thought it was on the bigger screens but now on mine 800 one, ive uploaded several times,

click here

Charence 00:29 04 Jul 04

As I mentioned in an earlier thread of yours, the nav buttons change position because of inconsistency of coding within the different pages of your website.

On some after <BODY> tag line, <CENTER> appears which causes the whole page to be centred, including nav buttons, all except the green column. The visual effect is NAV buttons misaligned with the background. On pages where <CENTER> is not present, whole page is automatically aligned left and nav buttons are within the green column.

Whichever style you prefer, if ALL pages have either <CENTER> tag OR no <CENTER> tag, the nav buttons will not move, whatever screen you put them on.

Charence

hooligan 12:13 04 Jul 04

But i dont know about codes, i dont do the codes it does it its self. net objects fusion mx

I think they should all be the same as i dont change anything on them i just type, add pics and thats it.

Eric10 14:33 04 Jul 04

hooligan, Charence is correct. I have never used the program you are using but if the pages of your website are stored on your local drive and then uploaded to your site by FTP then you can open them with Notepad to make the simple alterations that are required.

As stated by Charence, on your index and services pages, on the line after the <BODY> tag you have a <CENTER> tag which doesn't appear on your other pages. All you need to do is open these 2 pages in Notepad, find and delete this <CENTER> tag. To tidy up your code you also need to delete the </CENTER> tag on these same pages which is right at the bottom of the code just before the </BODY> tag. When you've made these changes and saved the pages you just need to upload them to your site to overwrite the existing pages.

hooligan 17:07 04 Jul 04

As i never put code in, it does it for me. I dont know about codes and dont know how to open up in wordpad, i dont think its happened before and i upload every week mabye 2 or 3 times different stuff.

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…