NAV ALERT TROJAN.MOO BUT FULL SCAN DOES NOT DETECT

rotormota 21:46 14 Jul 05

Hi,

I had a Norton Antivirus detection alert which said that my system had been infected with the Trojan.moo. in temporary internet files. A full scan indicated nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
J

Joe R 21:48 14 Jul 05
  VoG II 21:49 14 Jul 05

Delete Temporary Internet Files. Use CleanUp! click here to be sure to clear the lot. Scan with a² click here

DieSse 23:09 14 Jul 05

Presumably NAV moved the Virus to quarantine, or deleted it - then it would not show up in a subsequent scan - that's what it should do, of course, it shouldn't leave it lying around in the system!!

joethebow 23:12 14 Jul 05

Any time AVG tells me I have a virus it's always in the Tempory Internet Files. I let AVG deal with the file and imediately nuke every tempory piece of anything on my PC before restarting and doing a full virus and spyware scan.

If you hav not downloaded the Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta yet you should. Get it here: click here

One of the nice things in it is under Tools and Advanced Tools there is a dynamic tracks eraser that can delete all the tempory information created by every programme you have installed. It's simple and easy to use.

DieSse 23:19 14 Jul 05

"I let AVG deal with the file and imediately nuke every tempory piece of anything on my PC before restarting and doing a full virus and spyware scan."

IMO that's both paranoid and totally unnecessary, unless you don't trust ABG to work correctly.

DieSse 23:19 14 Jul 05

or AVG even :-))

VoG II 23:24 14 Jul 05

Agreed - whatever the AV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…