NAV Ad-Aware alerts,can't delete found files

Sapins 12:51 23 Aug 04

Norton Anti Virus has found the following 4 files.

MWSBAR.DLL / MWSSOEMON.EXE / MWSOESTB.DLL / MWSSRCAS.DLL

When I reach delete in the Repair Wizard I get 2 choices; Exclude or Skip. Choosing either gives the same result, "you have not eliminated all threats. There are still 4 at risk files remaining."

I have tried deleting these files from a file search and also in Explorer where I get the message " Cannot Delete (file name) Access is denied. Make sure disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not in use"

There doesn't seem much point in having NAV find these files if I cannot delete them. How do I configure NAV to delete these files automatically or delete these files manually

I also have Ad-Aware and SpywareBlaster, could there be a conflict?

Stuartli 12:58 23 Aug 04

click here

click here

click here

MWSSOEMON.EXE doesn't seem to have any mentions.

You could also try the Symantec website:

wclick here

to see if it's listed.

Sapins 14:22 23 Aug 04

Hi Stuartli, thank you very much for your help. I have deleted My Web Search via Add/Remove Programmes, had to do a reboot to finish the deletion but they have all gone.

Sorry, MWSOEMON.EXE has only 1 S. but it seems to have gone with the others.

How did I get My Web Search, is it something to do with the Smiley's site or Google?

I will have to figure out why NAV does not complete the deletion process when it finds these files.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

Regards,

Sapins.

Stuartli 14:44 23 Aug 04

It's been said that the Smiley's website does introduce a number of spybots etc.

Sapins 14:51 23 Aug 04

Will leave it alone from now on.

Stuartli 14:52 23 Aug 04

Found these:

click here

click here

click here

That's just three...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…