Naughty Outlook Address Book (or silly me!)

Marios 12:18 19 Aug 03

XP Pro, latest outlook, I attempt to write a new email. When I click 'to' in order to put my recipients there are no contacts/names although my contacts folder has people in. Am i misisng something?
P.S. I read many articles sent before i started this 'new' topic, honestly!
Thanks for your time.

whybe 12:46 19 Aug 03

Marios, are wondering why when you put in the first few letters of an address it does not auto complete? If so my Outlook only does that after I have entered the address fully for the first time even if they are in contacts. If it is to find a contact to enter, click the address book icon, make sure it says 'Contacts' in the top right corner and you should get all your names to click across. Hope this helps.

Marios 18:07 19 Aug 03

Top right corner says Mario's Address Book, how can i insert an option of Contacts?
Thanks.

Barrie_G 18:21 19 Aug 03

open your address book/ options, then check that the options are for your contacts.

Marios 18:26 19 Aug 03

Address book /Options are set with only Mario's address book. Choice of going to contacts is not available. How can i make it accessible?

whybe 19:37 19 Aug 03

Marios, I've only got contacts or outlook address book (which is inoperable) so I don't know how to personalise. However this might work.
Open new message, click Options icon, Bottom of Message options box click 'contacts' bar. Top window 'Look In' highlight Contacts. Bottom window should show them click Apply. This seems to set mine.

Marios 20:22 19 Aug 03

Thank you for your tip; however, although i highlight the contacts and click apply, when i go out i cannot click on 'to' in order to select my recipients.

whybe 21:40 19 Aug 03

Yes I see. Can you bring up your addresses from the toolbar address book icon not the 'To' one?
Does it autocomplete if you start typing in the 'To' line? Have you tried 'Detect and Repair' off the Help menu?

jazzypop 22:11 19 Aug 03

click here - any help?

click here - or this?

Or "Exporting To and Importing From Outlook Contacts Many users who want to migrate from WAB to Outlook Contacts or from Outlook Contacts to the WAB are disappointed to find that no such import or export option exists under File | Import | Address Book. Although not such option appears explicitly, an import/export option clearly exists. In either direction, the "bridge" is the comma separated value (CSV) file format. To import Contacts from Outlook to the WAB, first export Contacts into a CSV file and then import that CSV file into the OE WAB.

Similarly, to export your WAB to Outlook Contacts, export your WAB to a CSV file and then import that CSV file into Outlook Contacts.

For more information, read Knowledge Base Article Q177123." Source - click here

I could go on, but I am sure you get the picture by now :)

Marios 16:25 22 Aug 03

Hi,
thanks for your links, useful advice and tonnes of stuff, i got a bit lost. The basic things i can do i'a not able, e.g rght click contacts folder, properties, check to make it available etc. This option is greyed out!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…