//some 3rd party need geo

Nationwide SCAM

johnsims 10:50 20 Aug 04

Hi all, just had an email purporting to be from Nationwide asking to go to a link to update details. IT IS OBVIOUSLY A SCAM. Do not click on the link, delete the email.

scooby43 10:58 20 Aug 04

thanks for the information john I havent checked my home emails yet.

€dstowe 10:58 20 Aug 04

I've recently received one as well.

I've also received many others from banks and organisations that I have never had any dealings with and some I've never even heard of.

One should always be vigilant with any email, even those that seem to be from people or organisations that you know and respect.

€d

rawprawn 11:23 20 Aug 04

Thank's I haven't had one yet but I will be aware.

Audeal 12:15 20 Aug 04

This sort of thing does not only effect e-mails but also Web Sites. I checked my website last night only to find it had been hijacked and all my 400 family photos had been removed and a message informing me that I had given an incompleat page address and in order to find the page requested I should type in my full address and click on the button. A Scam, obviously. To day I am unable to access my site at all.

Urotsukidoji 12:17 20 Aug 04

I had one the other day from the halifax.

one teensy problem.

i don't bank with the halifax.....

pj123 13:15 20 Aug 04

Haven't had any of those yet but I have got two from Ebay today asking me to verify my credit card details. Have forwarded both to ebay on their "spoof" email address. Be on your Guard, guys and gals. I don't have an account with ebay but my partner does, but her email address is different from mine.

spuds 19:23 20 Aug 04

This is how some of it starts :o( click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…