Nat West Security- update

SparkyJack 14:35 PM 31 May 11
Answered

My daughter E-mail to report that she whilst she was checking her Nat West account there came up an invitation 'Update Support' from 'www.trusteer.com. Thinking that it was NatWest[which I doubt] she clicked Yes

Now what has she dome - a scam I wager

Any opinions?

SparkyJack 14:40 PM 31 May 11

Having just posted the above I Googled for Trusteer Ii does seem to be genuine which begs the next question

Is there potential for conflict with installed security - in her case AVAST Free'?

anniesboy 15:21 PM 31 May 11

I'm using it on three machines ,with no conflict with my security. Its use was recommended by my bank.

Taff™ 16:34 PM 31 May 11

as ithnyhng purporting to be froma bank tke great care!Trusteer Rapport is used by many of the bansand buildng societies nd is known to hog system reourcs. I have rmoved i from everal clients chines because of this. alrmingly in doing so you are taen to the Rapprt site whic asks "Is the software slowing down your computer" !!!

It may be a genuine update for this known problem however I`d check with the bank first because youcan bet ttsomeone is capab of producing Trusteer wbsite somewher o phishfor personal details.

Taff™ 16:38 PM 31 May 11

Whoops! Wireless keyboard Batteries need replacing!

Pine Man 17:00 PM 31 May 11
Answer

Have used rapport, supplied by A&L, for years on all of my financial sites and it has behaved very well with no apparent 'hogging'of resources.

Zak 17:08 PM 31 May 11

I second Pine Man's comment.

SparkyJack 17:55 PM 31 May 11

Thank you all- have ticked as answered[I hope - ticking that is]

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites