NAT and Port Forwading

biteblue 19:20 23 Jun 06

I use BitTorrent as well as MSN Messenger and will want to play onlie games. For MSN to work properly i'vr had to forward the ports on my SparkCom router. The router will only allow me to forward 20 ports and i've already forwarded 17. For internet games i will need to forward more. Does anyone know a way to forward more ports?

Thanks

ade.h 19:21 23 Jun 06

If that's the limit, then that's the limit. I suggest you turn off the firewall.

biteblue 19:25 23 Jun 06

Even if i do turn of the firewall it still requires me to forward the ports for some reason. Is it anything to do with the firewall?

ade.h 19:34 23 Jun 06

Port forwarding is firewall-controlled. If I turn off the the firewall in my router (and others that I have used) port-forwarding goes with it. However, SparkCom is a comparatively obscure brand that I have never encountered.

NattyFido 02:01 04 Jul 06

I have a eTec PTI-845 DSL modem/router and I'm connected to Wanadoo/Orange Broadband. I have been through all the options in the modem and have set up port forwarding on all the ports I need to play my favourite games, even though most of them worked okay without port forwarding. I would like to host games, which is why I set up port forwarding. I still cannot host games, and I cannot play CFS 1 online at all. Someone on GameSpy said I should set up IP Passthrough as well, but I cannot find any mention of it in the modems options. Is it possible that it could be called something else. I don't really want to use DMZ. The manual that came with the modem only gives basic info to get connected, and the CD manual doesn't mention IP passthrough. I believe I have a static IP, but how do I check, restart the modem? The games I want to play and host are:
Toca Race Driver 2 - can play, can't host
CFS 1 - can't play or host
Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy - can play, can't host
Please can someone give me some advice?
Thank you.

ade.h 12:35 04 Jul 06

Please do not hijack another person's thread. Please read the forum guide.

NattyFido 19:47 04 Jul 06

Sorry, didn't realise. I'm a noob!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…