nasty virus 32\lsas.exe

haggis ok 20:38 05 May 05

Hi,
i was having all sorts of problems with my pc and decided to reformat my drive and have a prper cleanout.After reinstalling i went to the microsoft site to download all the updates.After about 5 mins i recieved the messag windows is shuting down running win xp help

VoG II 20:46 05 May 05

Duplicate click here

haggis ok 20:00 11 May 05

Hi, I have installed and ran stinger and it came up with this: c:\windows\system32scardclnt.exe
found the w32/sdboot.worm.gen.w virus. I also downloaded and installed avg, every few minutes it comes up with the same message and I'm prompted to heal it,how do i get rid of this pest permanently?

haggis ok 10:50 12 May 05

found the w32/sdbot.worm.gen.w virus.
I still have this on my pc, avg recognises it but wont remove it,I have downloaded various removal tools only to be prompted to buy the product. Thats not on as far as i'm concerned where can I get a free fix or removal tool for this trojan?

wx622 11:33 12 May 05

To Symantec, this is known as W32.HLLW.Donk

Removal: Run full antivirus scan in Safe Mode, System Restore turned off

Then, delete registry keys:

Click Start, and then click Run. (The Run dialog box appears.)
Type regedit

Then click OK. (The Registry Editor opens.)

Navigate to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

In the right pane, delete the values:

"Microsoft System Checkup"= %System%\dbnetlib.exe
"NT Logging Service"= syslog32.exe

Navigate to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersionRunServices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This key will not exist on all the systems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the right pane, delete the value:

"Microsoft System Checkup"= %System%\dbnetlib.exe

Exit the Registry Editor.

(More info):
click here

haggis ok 15:31 12 May 05

I only have avg,and have also installed "madesafe"from pcadvisor disc,neither of whom seem to deal with it,strikes me as odd that all these companies can offer to fix the problem but at a price,makes me wonder how they keep themselves in business,or do they create the viruses in the first place ensuring a steady supply of suckers to pay up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5