Nasty IE9 bug?

ACOLYTE 17:10 18 Mar 11

Installed IE9 yesterday,worked great,turned pc off went to bed,booted today and its all gone pear shapped,all my shortcut icons on desktop have changed into white back grounds with a blue e inside,when i click one it gives me an option to save or run i click run,nothing and all the shortcuts have a .ntl file fix,nothing opens/runs,i had to do a system restore back before IE9 to get anything to work.Dont know what the problem was but not going to install IE9 again till i find out.

Graphicool1 18:00 18 Mar 11

What OS are you trying to run it on?

ACOLYTE 20:28 18 Mar 11

Win7 64 bit,it worked well till i turned the pc off and on again,then it went wierd,was like IE9 took over all the shortcut icons.

rdave13 23:43 18 Mar 11

Possibly wrong version. Try installing from here, click here

onionskin 23:45 18 Mar 11

Did you try right-clicking on the desktop and selecting refresh? It might work.

Something similar happened to me but it was just one icon, for Open Office, it also changed the icon in the Start menu. My changed icons still worked as shortcuts to the program, so I was able to just right-click on them, select Properties then select Change Icon to get the correct one back. There seems to be two apparently identical icons for Open Office, one for the desktop and one for the Start Menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…