Nasty advert pages takeover my homepage

andrew-271845 12:14 28 Feb 04

An advert site has tookover my internet homepage
everytime when I log on the internet,dispite I
reset it back to my original homepage,click apply
and ok.
The next time I log on the same advert site has takeover again.
How can I sort this out?

handy4x 12:17 28 Feb 04

you need to install ad ware by laversoftusa.com or spy bot and run the program and you should be ok (all are avalable on this months cover disk

VoG II 12:17 28 Feb 04

Adaware click here and spybot click here

Then get Start Page Guard click here

Irfman 12:44 28 Feb 04

Run the program every week toget rid of unwanted adverts. This will surley solve your problem.

Downloaded Messenger? That often comes with CoolWebSearch hijack. You will need CWShredder from here click here

spuds 14:56 28 Feb 04

All the above are worth considering, and I would recommend them all.But remember, whatever you use always keep it updated and keep regular checks,nothing like an out of date protection/security device (;o(

BurrWalnut 15:27 28 Feb 04

Also, download HijackThis from here click here and the interpretation tutorial from here
click here Double click HijackThis to unzip it then run it, click Scan, Save the results to a log file and check them against the tutorial. Also download startups.exe from here click here to determine which programs are not needed at start up. When you've decided what needs to be deleted, run HijackThis again, put a check mark against the items you don't want and click Fix Checked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…