NAS HELP! TS-209 Compatible Drives?

primemeat64 01:40 08 Oct 07

Hi,

I'm going to purchase a QNAP TS-209 PRO - unless anybody thinks that's a bad move? - anyway, I want to cram in as much RAID-1 goodness as I can thus I would like to include 2 x 1TB Hitachi Deskstar drives...

The current manual availble on the QNAP website doesn't list the hitachi drives as compatible, and I cannot find a newer list on their website....

Any ideas????

Regards,

Leo

primemeat64 15:50 08 Oct 07

bump...

DieSse 16:13 08 Oct 07

"unless anybody thinks that's a bad move?"

How can we possibly know - depends entirely on what you want to do with it I guess.

"....doesn't list the hitachi drives as compatible"

Try asking QNAP - no-one here (anywhere?) will have tried that combination.

primemeat64 16:17 08 Oct 07

"unless anybody thinks that's a bad move?"

- really that was just because there's not a lot of user response on this product so I didn't know if anybody had some 'avoid at all costs' advice...

"Try asking QNAP - no-one here (anywhere?) will have tried that combination."

- I emailed QNAP - no response. Why would nobody have tried that combination? I would have thought it quite an obvious combination if anything... the 1TB deskstar is a very popular drive - it's not like I mentioned some nondescript iomega drive or whatever...

regards,

leo

DieSse 16:24 08 Oct 07

"Why would nobody have tried that combination?"

Because it's not in the recommended list

Because not many people have NAS systems, especially at that price. And I think the majority of members here are probably home users.

primemeat64 16:28 08 Oct 07

I thought it was a fairly obvious choice for the features / storage space / redundancy.

well - hopefully someone will have! otherwise I've gotta either lose 250 gig to get what's on the list or take a risk!

btw - there is a compatibility list in the manual but the manual also referrs to a compatibility list on the site - I can't find it though....

regards,

leo

DieSse 16:44 08 Oct 07

Compatibility list on the site click here

It does list Deskstar 1TB drives as compatible - sorry didn't actually look at the list before, just gave a general comment.

primemeat64 16:49 08 Oct 07

thanks for finding that! where did they hide the link??????

PC advisor saves the day again.

Thanks!

DieSse 16:58 08 Oct 07

"where did they hide the link??????"

Home Page - Products - T209Pro - Compatibility tab

;-))

primemeat64 17:01 08 Oct 07

? - I still can't see it! - I know this doesn't really matter but I'm not dyslexic or anything so this is really screwing with me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…