Napster hijacking!

Citizen Snips 23:14 25 Sep 05

Hello guys,

bit of an unusual one for you,but I've downloaded a copy of Napster,but decided against it after installing it,however everytime I try to remove it via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programmes I get the error message

"You must close Windows Media Player before continuing installation.

Please Either:
1. Close Windows Media Player and click Yes to Continue
2. Click No to abort"

Makes sense........except for the fact that Media Player is closed!

Any help to get rid of this pest would be greatly appreciated.

MAJ 23:22 25 Sep 05

Try the "Accepted Answer" at this link, Citizen Snips. click here

Citizen Snips 01:27 26 Sep 05

Thanks for the suggestion there mate,but unfortunately my registry's laid out differently to the solution shown on that link,must be due to differences in the versions of XP available at the time. Thanks anyway

Any other suggestions anyone?

AndySD 01:29 26 Sep 05

Reboot into safe mode and remove it there.

Citizen Snips 10:30 26 Sep 05

Thanks for the suggestion Andy but I wouldn't even know where to begin with that,there I've requested help from Napster via their online help request, I'll let you guys know how they handle it and whether I'm just fobbed off or not.

On a side note I think it's a bit off that they can promote software that the average layman can't remove from their computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…