nano on wme?

jillions 10:42 25 Dec 05

is there no way to use a nano i pod on windows me got one for my daughter and was told it will work by the guy in the shop now it says 2000 or xp bloody anoying and my daughter is disapointed
if i need xp what are the costs??/
cheers and a merry xmas to you all (except the numb nuts in currys )

bremner 11:15 25 Dec 05

Try using winamp with the iPod plug in click here

brambles 11:27 25 Dec 05

It's annoying when the kiddies Christmas is spoiled through bad advice given in the shop. I've checked the Apple Nano computer spec and it would appear that you require Windows 2000 or XP.

I used to have Windows ME and it was very good problem is it's not very well supported and all the latest software requires XP. You would need to purchase the Windows XP UPGRADE not the full new version - make sure you emphasise you are upgrading from WINDOWS ME. I think the price would be about £70 ish..
Sorry I can't be more helpful

Brambles

Of course you could always try installing the software that came with the iPod Nano - you never know?

realist 19:42 25 Dec 05

Easy to be wise after the fact, but it's always a good idea to check out any gadget's compatibility with your system etc., before you go out to buy it. When I bought my grandson's mp3 player the assistant in Dixons told me "you just charge it up with the charger" when I knew very well it ran on AA batteries!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…