Nanny Epson

doubledee 11:10 08 Mar 04

Just come across a breathtaking piece of cheek by Epson. On changing cartidges in my 2-year old C40 printer last Friday, I received an error message reading: 'Parts inside your printer require maintenance or replacement. Contact your dealer.'
Being almost normal I tried a number of fixes of my own, including reinstalling the driver, to no avail. So I called the supplier.
I was told that Epson has established an arbitrary number of copies as the 'useful life of the product'!! The dealer has a reset program which will be sent to me on CD and all should be well.
My unanswered question to Epson (via website) was, "How can the company establish what is or is not the useful life of my printer? My judgement of performance and quality is the one that counts. Rip-off cartridge prices is one thing, but rip-off printers something entirely less acceptable."
It is entirely possible that a less bloody-minded user might have meekly purchased a new machine or incurred massive service charges unnecessarily.

Kinder Scout 11:43 08 Mar 04

Have a look at this post:
click here

doubledee 17:21 09 Mar 04

Thanks Kinder Scout - alles guht. Masybe I should sign off as 'Downfall'.

Kinder Scout 17:27 09 Mar 04

Nice when frozen..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…