Names in Outlook address book

exdragon 11:36 12 Feb 10

anchor 11:46 12 Feb 10

What about names in Outlook address book?.

exdragon 11:49 12 Feb 10

I thought I'd solved this problem ages ago, but it seems to have cropped up again. When I select a name from my Contacts list in Outlook 2003, it brings up those which are similar, so also includes those I don't want anymore. And I know I deleted them previously.

I've done a search for the 'not required' ones but nothing is found. I've looked in C/docs&settings/xxxx/application data/microsoft/address book but it's empty.

I've obviously got a second set of details somewhere, but does anyone know where it might lurk?

Thanks

exdragon 11:50 12 Feb 10

Bit too quick with the digits, I fear

Woolwell 12:25 12 Feb 10

Are you referring to the contacts or the list of addresses that appear when you start to type in an e-mail address on a new e-mail?
I cannot see how you could get old contacts appear in your contacts. They are part of your pst file.
For the names in the list that appears when you start typing select the old ones and press delete.

exdragon 12:45 12 Feb 10

For example, I know two people called Jason: if I start to type 'Jason' in a new email, both appear. One is a financial advisor and the other is an ex member of the Society for which I'm secretary.

The second one doesn't appear when I click on the address book in Outlook. I have two folders in there, one for personal email addresses and the other for the Society ones. The same thing happens when I want to send an email to, say, Linda - I get the current one plus someone I deleted a couple of years ago.

I've also searched for existing emails which may have included these names (in Archive folders) and deleted anything in which the names appear.

Woolwell 12:50 12 Feb 10

What you are experiencing is Outlook's autocomplete suggesting entries including those no longer used. It isn't anywhere else. To delete the wrong Jason or Linda:
Select the unwanted name or e-mail address by using the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW key.
Press DELETE.

Woolwell 12:52 12 Feb 10

You can turn it of completely too click here

exdragon 13:06 12 Feb 10

Thank you, Woolwell, problem solved!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017