Name change

dblspace 16:57 04 Apr 03

how do I change a persons name on a spare compt
I have got hold of----ie from Joe Bloggs to my own?? dblspace

Taran 17:30 04 Apr 03

Which version of Windows is on the computer ?

It makes a very big difference to the possible solutions.

dblspace 23:41 04 Apr 03

The system version is Windows XP home,by the way I have just noticed Grandad D has just asked the same question with version ME.

Taran 13:54 05 Apr 03

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I've been rather busy.

The following method is for Windows 2000 and XP Home or Pro, but it entails modifying your registry so take all the usual precautions in backing it up prior to playing around with it.

Open up the registry editor (Start, Run and type regedit then hit your Enter key or click OK).

Using the plus signs in the left hand panel to expand the drop down menus, navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

Once the above key is selected in the left panel of the registry editor, you can change the values in the right panel.

Where it says RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner, it will have the unwanted name(s). To change them, double click the value you want to modify in the right hand panel and under Value data: in the pop up dialog box, type in the name you want to appear. Click OK when finished, then close down the registry editor. Restart your PC and that's it, job done.

Hope this helps.

beeuuem 14:44 05 Apr 03

This utility will do it for your quite simply.
click here
Download 'xp chgownorg.vbs'

dblspace 22:37 05 Apr 03

dblspace 22:47 05 Apr 03

Many thanks,thats another job sorted out.
Pushed a wrong button with previous responce, too many fingers or trying to be clever at typing!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…