Nachi B Virus

turnip 60 00:19 15 Mar 04

I have a tricky one here.
my friend has a VIRUS ALERT come on screen when the pc is left unattended for a while.the alert says that the NACHI B is in C:/SYSTEM VOLUME/INFORMATION/RESTORE.
she is advised to run the AVG AV scan but it doesnt find it. In fact on her C: drive there is No folder called SYSTEM VOLUME.
Meanwhile the message still keeps appearing.following advice from here she downloaded the patch for Nachi b but the message is still appearing. she uses WIN XP & AVG av.
if someone can help i would be grateful.

gudgulf 00:29 15 Mar 04

Sounds like it is the system restore file---go to control panel-performance and maintainance-system-system restore.then check turn off system restore on all drives. click apply then ok and reboot the computer.

When back into windows do the same thing but re-enable system restore by unchecking the bax.

Finally rescan with avg to make sure the virus has gone.

If it is in system restore it cannot do any harm to the computer UNLESS you need to restore it.This could unleash the active virus.

turnip 60 00:51 15 Mar 04

Many Thanks Gudgulf

turnip 60 01:00 15 Mar 04

Your advice worked like a charm. You are worth more money ( as we used to say on the Railway).

Your help is much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…