N300 router or mains plug booster(s)?

LesCM19 21:30 PM 10 Apr 13

We have a 54g N150 ADSL modem, on Virgin National down a BT line in a rural location, getting about 2.5M Using inSSIDer the signal is -60 in the same room as the router, -50 in the main living area of the house with 1 intervening wall but in further-flung rooms the signal is -30 and laptops there get cut off occaisionally. Could anybody advise which of these give the best range: Linksys X-1000 Netgear DGN2200 Asus N12UB1 TP-Link TD-W8961ND Or a good mains plug in wireless booster. I guess nothing will increase the download speed in our location?

onthelimit1 11:30 AM 11 Apr 13

In your situation, I would go for the homeplug option. I'd use a Tplink ethernet plug by the router and a wireless one in the other room. If you are a fair distance from the exchange, I doubt you could up the download speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued