N150 to N300 modem wireless router

pookie 12:39 02 Mar 12

Hi,

Windows 7 home edition, Talktalk internet. I am on a 8Mb package but line supports about 5.5Mb only.

I have a N150 wireless modem router and a N150 wireless adaptor. However, as the kids have got older so have the numbers of laptops, ipods etc all eating at the wireless signal. If I change to a N300 wireless modem router and N300 wirelss adapter for my pc I know the 5.5Mb down the phoneline won't change but will it increase the speed and strength of the signal within the house to all the wireless devices? Or will it be a waste of money?

Thank you

northumbria61 13:19 02 Mar 12

If you are only using it for doing anything over your Internet connection, then you will not likely notice any difference because more than likely your Internet connection from your ISP is WAY slower than anything your wireless connection can handle.

If you are using it for file transfers across your local wireless/wired network from computer to computer or other "local area network" traffic, then you might notice a difference depending on your network setup

In other words, if you are just doing Internet browsing, email, or other "downloads" from the Internet, then you likely will not notice any difference.

My opinion is that if all is working okay then leave it as it is.

pookie 18:47 02 Mar 12

Perfect - thanks! As for internet viewing mostly then I'll stick with what I have already

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac