N1 Vision Wireless Cable Router problems

ash1234 23:55 05 Aug 09

I have recently brought a N1 Vision Cable wireless router. I have managed to connect one vista acer laptop without any problems. However I having problems connect two HP laptops with XP. The message I get in status is validating identity. In the bottom right hand corner the wireless computer symbol is showing a one computer with a yellow ball going across from each side but instead of two computers and a world symbol. I have contacted belkin about this several times, but I have not recieved any response from them. Spoke to the place where I bought the router and they are telling me to download xp compatible router. However the disk that came with the router say vista and xp compatible. Please can you help?? many thanks

ambra4 05:17 06 Aug 09

“In the bottom right hand corner the wireless computer symbol is showing a one computer with a yellow ball going across from each side but instead of two computers and a world symbol”

The single display and the yellow ball is the correct icon for a wireless card / adapter in

Windows XP

The “Two computers and a world symbol” is the Wireless Icon used in Vista

Right click on the icon and click “View Available Wireless Network” you can than try to

connect to your network

ash1234 14:15 06 Aug 09

Many thanks, I have tried that but I still cannot connect to the wireless. But the vista laptop is working fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…