N A V cant change or uninstall

grumps2001uk 10:11 21 May 03

I have a windows ME with NAV 2003 and firewall on startup i noticed the NAV security icon didnt appear on taskbar on opening NAV i found security off,firewall disabled,intrusion detecion disabled, in fact all controls disabled i when i went to options to reset them a notice came up"access denied,only the supervisor can view/change options

BigMoFoT 10:57 21 May 03

You either have a virus or the software is very corrupt. Do you keep your definitions up-to-date?

grumps2001uk 12:12 21 May 03

yes but had a fault appear after i tried to install a wireless mouse and got conflict as i hadnt installed new mouse correctly and also hadnt uninstalled old mouse as i have password protection and need mouse to access to my computer

expertec 15:29 21 May 03
  grumps2001uk 13:22 22 May 03

sorry about delay but followed link suggested by expertec it didnt find any virus so went to my helpline expensive? they suggested a number of things which didnt work and i had to do a reload which meant i had to install all my places of interest but as i have given comp to WIFE i had to install hers first so had wait till this morning to get onto pcadvisor thanks anyway i have reinstalled norton 2003 but a bought one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…