N E 1 know specs for Intel P4 HSF????

Mysticnas 21:19 06 May 03

hiya,

does anyone know the specs for the fan on the stock intel HSF for the P4?

things like RPM, and CFM?

Thanks

MartinT-B 21:24 06 May 03

Maufacturer of PC would help. If it's standard it's probably a stock 70mm fan running at 2500-3000rpm

Mysticnas 21:31 06 May 03

intel heatsink & fan. the normal one that somes withthe processor.

MartinT-B 21:53 06 May 03

Searching ( am I have) it seems that the stock intel HS/Fan is a 70mm spinning at 3000rpm. I can't find a CFM ref.

Most sites I found are either selling it, or telling you how to remove it!

click here

Mysticnas 22:14 06 May 03

worries guys...

thanks

cosi 16:20 12 May 04

Like Mysticnas, I needed the same info. From searching, I also came to the conclusion of around 3000rpm @12v. At least for my 2.66G P4 (still no idea of the CFM though).

Along the way I read all about the variable speed control that comes with the P4, based on "internal chassis temp" which I am assuming will be equivalent to the ambient air temp around the the inlet to the HSF. I am running at <30-ish & my fan speed is around 2300rpm (ergo 9v?). From the CPU temps I get with the way I use my PC, I reckon I can afford to slow down the fan & so quieten it. My thinking is if I do something between the end of the HSF lead & the mobo connector, as far as the P4 is concerned, the Intel speed/temp algorithmm will work the same just at different voltage levels.

Sorry for the long intro. My questions are:
* does the 2300rpm sound right? I would have expected it to be dropped lower, but the Intel site only tells you the change temperatures & not speeds. Only says "min" & "max" !?
* is my logic about slowing down the fan right ?
* if so, how best should I do this (while still being able to read the fan speed).

{other system info: ASUS P4T533 mobo, Q-Fan disabled}

Many thaks

cosi 16:20 12 May 04

Like Mysticnas, I needed the same info. From searching, I also came to the conclusion of around 3000rpm @12v. At least for my 2.66G P4 (still no idea of the CFM though).

Along the way I read all about the variable speed control that comes with the P4, based on "internal chassis temp" which I am assuming will be equivalent to the ambient air temp around the the inlet to the HSF. I am running at <30-ish & my fan speed is around 2300rpm (ergo 9v?). From the CPU temps I get with the way I use my PC, I reckon I can afford to slow down the fan & so quieten it. My thinking is if I do something between the end of the HSF lead & the mobo connector, as far as the P4 is concerned, the Intel speed/temp algorithmm will work the same just at different voltage levels.

Sorry for the long intro. My questions are:
* does the 2300rpm sound right? I would have expected it to be dropped lower, but the Intel site only tells you the change temperatures & not speeds. Only says "min" & "max" !?
* is my logic about slowing down the fan right ?
* if so, how best should I do this (while still being able to read the fan speed).

{other system info: ASUS P4T533 mobo, Q-Fan disabled}

Many thaks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…