"myweb.tiscali" site gone missing

grumpy-git 13:48 16 Aug 05

Last night I found a great family tree site with hundreds of names on it. This morning none of it was accessible on the internet.

Anybody know if Tiscali are having problems? (their site didn't indicate any known problems) or do you have a site on myweb.tiscali that you can check to see if it is working?

johnnyrocker 13:53 16 Aug 05

click here

Eric10 14:01 16 Aug 05

I used to have my site on Tiscali and still have a redirection page there which is working fine.

grumpy-git 14:03 16 Aug 05

Yes, I do know the Tiscali web site, but I did check earlier this morning & no problems were listed.

I just checked their service status again and found this:-

<<An error has occured
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please report this by clicking here, and fill out the form, stating the page you were trying to reach, and we will fix it.>>

Perhaps it is all up the creek without a paddle?

johnnyrocker 14:05 16 Aug 05

could be right.

grumpy-git 14:08 16 Aug 05

Thanks for checking yours.

The odds of somebody removing a complete site between 01.30 & 08.00 are very slim, but I suppose it could happen.

grumpy-git 14:09 16 Aug 05

I was going to try and e-mail Tiscali to see if there were problems, but it looks a bit difficult or impossible (I'm getting old)

grumpy-git 14:53 16 Aug 05

Just searched for various myweb.tiscali sites using a search engine, but none of the sites would load.

I know sites disappear, but all the ones I tested??? This is spookey!

grumpy-git 17:44 16 Aug 05

but I am wondering if some of the servers are not working. Is that possible?

grumpy-git 23:55 16 Aug 05

Fortunately Tiscali is my ISP & I made up a test web page via FTP without problems, but I was unable to access it via internet explorer.

Thanks to Eric10 who responded to a different topic in Webforum, it is now resolved. Seems I just needed to switch the modem router off, then on again.

Wonder why it was only myweb.tiscali sites that didn't work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…